Blueberry leaves contain a lot of vitamins: C, P, B1, B2 and others. Berries and blueberry leaves are rich in minerals such as sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus and many organic acids, leavens and dyes, PP (especially high amounts of A and B), carotene, anthocyanins, tannins, organic acids, glucose, fructose and sucrose, carbohydrates, copper, potassium, and phosphorus.
Their preparations are used to treat kidney, liver, pancreas diseases, hemorrhoids, anemia, skin diseases, gout, rheumatism, mouth rinse in case of inflammation.
The arbutin in the leaves has a disinfecting effect.
The most valuable property of blueberry leaves is that they are able to effectively reduce blood and urine sugar levels, so their preparations are recommended for the treatment of diabetes.
Blue leaves are included in herbal mixtures for the treatment of diabetes and urinary tract infections.
In addition, contain iron, which our body absorbs better than that found in food supplements.
Regulate the activity of the gastrointestinal tract, stimulate metabolism, have astringent, stimulate the excretion of urine, reduce pain and blood pressure, have anti-inflammatory and anti-bleeding effects.
It also treats anemia, gout and rheumatism, gallstones, kidney and bladder stones (contributes to the removal of salts from the body), inflammation of the stomach and intestines, diabetes (lowers blood sugar), regulates cholesterol.
Leaf tea helps in the presence of stomatitis, tonsillitis, upper respiratory catarrh, strengthens immunity.
The main property of blueberry is the antioxidant anthocyanins, which slow down the body’s aging. Researchers have confirmed that bruises are a powerful weapon against aging, helping the brain stay young longer. It turns out that bruises can increase the amount of dopamine in the brain – a combination that regulates the most important brain processes, is responsible for the regeneration of all cells in the body.
According to the latest research, frequent consumption of blueberry helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease, memory disorders.
Blueberry improve visual acuity and retinal blood flow, help prevent many eye diseases, expand the field of vision and reduce eye fatigue. Therefore, these berries are especially recommended when vision is impaired, when the eyes are often tired, with age-related farsightedness, retinal dystrophies or cataracts.
The beneficial properties of blueberries have been recognized by both scientists and traditional medicine.
Attention: blueberry preparations are not recommended for use in case of diarrhea of infectious origin. Leaf preparations should be used with caution in people with hyperthyroidism. You should consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking blueberry leaf preparations.
Blueberry, leaf teas:
* Blueberry, leaf tea is drunk for cough, nausea, stomach pain, inflammation of the bladder and weak bladder tone, bleeding, diarrhea, as well as diabetes: pour 1-2 teaspoons of crushed leaves into a glass of boiling water, cover and leave to infuse for a while , strain. Drink this tea 2-3 cups a day.
* Those suffering from gall bladder and bladder stones are advised to drink tea made from a mixture of blueberry, lingonberry and lingonberry leaves (in equal parts).
* Metabolic tea: chop and mix 3 parts of blueberry and bilberry leaves, 2 parts of yarrow grass, 1 part of blackcurrant and thyme grass.
* Decoction of blueberry leaves for diabetes: pour a spoonful of crushed blueberry leaves in a glass of boiling water, bring to a boil, cover and leave for 2 hours, then strain. In case of a mild form of diabetes, it is advised to drink a glass of hot decoction 3 times a day. In case of moderate diabetes, it is necessary to administer insulin, but blueberry leaves are also very useful for these patients.
* Herbal mixture for diabetes: Crush and mix equal parts of bilberry and nettle leaves and common dandelion roots. Pour two tablespoons of the herbal mixture into a glass of boiling water, heat for 15 minutes. in a boiling water bath, leave to cool, strain and add water to the original volume. Drink half a glass of decoction 2-3 times a day.
* For gallstones: pour a spoonful of blueberry leaves in 300 ml of boiling water, heat for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath, then strain. Drink half a glass of decoction 3 times a day.
* 3 tablespoons of crushed blueberry leaves into 600 ml of boiling water, cover and leave for 8 hours (overnight), then strain. Drink a glass of infusion 3 times a day if you suffer from inflammation of the urinary bladder, gallstones and ureters, chronic enterocolitis, as well as if you suffer from nausea, stomach and intestinal spasms.
Experts in folk medicine advise the use of blueberry leaf infusions (or decoctions) in healing compresses and baths for the treatment of skin burns, skin ulcers, eczema and wounds.
If the work of the digestive tract is disturbed, if you are suffering from gallstones and ureteral stones, inflammation of the urinary bladder, or diabetes, you can prepare blueberry leaf infusion in another way: put a spoonful of blueberry leaves in a thermos, pour a glass of boiling water, leave for 2 hours, then strain. Drink half a glass of infusion 2-3 times a day.
In case of kidney, liver, pancreas diseases, diabetes: pour 50 g of blueberry leaves in a liter of boiling water, cover and leave to cool, then strain. Drink half a glass of infusion 3-5 times a day.
Blueberry leaves are rich in anthocyanins, which protect blood vessels from decay, prevent red blood cells from sticking together, and therefore prevent blood clots from forming. Due to these properties, blueberry leaves are effective in the treatment of atherosclerosis and hypertension, as well as preventive protection against myocardial infarction and stroke attacks. If the legs or other parts of the body are not swollen, you can treat it as follows: pour a spoonful of blueberry leaves in a glass of boiling water, let it cool, then strain it. Drink half a glass of the infusion prepared in this way 2-3 times a day for 3 months, then take a 15-day break and, if necessary, repeat the treatment.
+ Holiday Gift for You- 1 pc. Natural Healthy Tea Set