Bilberry leaves contain tannins, flavonoids, essential oils, sugar, saponins, hydroquinone, resins, mucus, glycosides, ascorbic acid, asbutin, amber, citric, benzoic, tartaric, acetic, acidic, malic, and phosphoric acids. In addition, bilberry leaves contain minerals: iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium and manganese.
Bilberry leaves are used not only in folk but also in modern medicine.
The healing properties of bilberry leaves were known in ancient times. Bilberry leaves lower blood sugar, strengthen the immune system, heal kidney as well as inflammatory and skin diseases and wounds. In addition, bilberry leaves stimulate the production of red blood cells, relieve pain, relieve expectoration, have antiseptic properties.
• Blueberry leaves are effective in lowering blood sugar because they contain the glycoside myrtilin, which has a similar effect to insulin. Blueberry leaves are especially useful for people with primary diabetes.
• Blueberry leaves are effective in the treatment of early-stage haemorrhoids. Enemas with blueberry leaf infusion are effective in treating this disease.
• Bilberry leaf preparations are recommended for the treatment of inflammatory throat diseases.
• Bilberry leaves help to treat diarrhoea. The healing properties of bilberry leaves are determined by the tannins found in them. In addition, during treatment with bilberry leaves normalizes the useful intestinal microflora that suffers from diarrhoea.
• Bilberry leaves can treat many skin conditions as they soothe, reduce itching, heal wounds and whiten redness.
• Shallow or moderately deep skin wounds can be disinfected with bilberry leaves. In addition, bilberry leaves promote the regeneration of damaged skin.
• Bilberry leaf preparations can be used to treat kidney and gallstones. These preparations dissolve stones in the kidneys and gallbladder and then remove the sand from the body.
• Blueberry leaves improve metabolism in the human body, thus help to reduce overweight.
• Bilberry leaves lower blood sugar, strengthen the immune system, heal kidney as well as inflammatory and skin diseases and wounds. In addition, bilberry leaves stimulate the production of red blood cells, relieve pain, relieve expectoration, have antiseptic properties.